THE FOREST OF DEAN
The Forest of Dean lies between the Rivers Severn and Wye in Gloucestershire. It was a royal forest from before 1086 until 1924 when King George V gave it to the nation. Beneath its soil lay deposits of iron-ore, stone and coal that were worked over many centuries leaving a rich industrial heritage, some of it from periods long before the Industrial Revolution.
The Trust was formed in 2009, with the encouragement of the County and District Councils, to take on the ownership of historic monuments and buildings at risk in the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley areas, to fundraise and conserve them.
Reg. Charity No. 114775. A company limited by guarantee No. 6859885.
Registered Office: Security Office, Whitecliff Quarry, Coleford, GL16 8NB